Homework is given to consolidate work done during school. It also provides an opportunity for parents to gain an insight in to some of the work covered in school. Homework is set from Monday to Thursday.
1. As a general rule, every child from First to Sixth Class inclusive is given homework each weeknight.
2. Each child from First Class to Sixth Class should have a homework journal and homework copies. Check that each item of homework is done and then sign the homework journal.
3. Where exceptional circumstances prevent the completion of homework, please forward an explanatory
note to the teacher.
4. Do not do the child's homework for him. Work set for homework will have been prepared in class. Please check your child's homework for neatness and point out mistakes.
5. Changes have taken place in the way in which certain areas of Maths are being taught. In helping your child, please adhere to the methods being used in school. Providing alternative methods may lead to confusion for the child.
6. Oral work is as important as written work. Please listen to the child read, and examine spellings and tables.
7. Appropriate homework will be given in all classes.
8. The following times are an indication of the time to spend on homework for different classes: Infants 15mins Classes 1-2 45mins Classes 3-4 1hour Classes 5-6 1-1.15mins Homework is not given at weekends.